Skip to main content

12/27/21

I remember when my kids were little the silly cartoons they would watch. My perverse mind could take something “innocent” and I would quietly snicker and share a laugh over it with Paul.

This morning as we entered the hospital, we saw our favorite security guard, who didn’t even care where we were going and happily gave us a visitor’s pass. He is so nice to us.

We get to the “check in” where they put a bracelet on Ethan and send him to the lab. While we were waiting, there was a cartoon on with dogs in it.  The kid dogs say “let’s play tickle crabs” the kid dogs were all excited to play along with the dad dog. The kid dogs proceeded to tickle the dad and crawl all on top of them. The dad dog was saying “if only I had someone to love to get rid of these tickle crabs” and “I went to the beach an caught tickle crabs”. Who is writing this????????

I asked Ethan if he had tickle crabs. We both were quietly snickering as there was a small child in the room.  I texted Paul and Avery to let them in on it. Paul said he thought it sounded like something you catch in college.

We took a walk at the close by park. We came across an interesting collection of items left behind. I would love to know the story behind it. The record was The Brew.



We also saw some crazy trees. This one had spikes. It was a death trap.


We rested through the afternoon and then went to Rockefeller Center to look at the lights. Wow! What a cool experience. I also peaked in St. Patrick’s cathedral. That was astounding. There were sooooo many people, so we kept our distance.





We also looked at the windows in Saks 5 th Ave as well as Burgdorf Goodman. The displays were so ornate. It was a good day and we are tired.



Comments

  1. What a full, wonderful day - a perfect way to celebrate the season. ❤️
    I had to check out The Brew - not bad. That record looks like it's in perfect condition. So odd that it is just left there...
    Enjoy more family time and the beautiful NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got to enjoy Rockefeller Center and the window displays! That part of the city is truly magical this time of year. Tickle crabs.... hideous. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment