Skip to main content

6/27/22

What is the deal with Medicare? I feel so stupid trying to navigate the 37 page SUMMARY. Summary…AKA   the short version I would hate to see that LONG version of this. 

The newest claim is we owe a few thousand dollars for services that I was under the impression we’re covered. I think I am officially traumatized by these bills, the collections agency harassing me weekly to biweekly and the hospital calling for my balance due. When is this going to stop? I don’t see an end in sight.

I reached out to my transplant team for guidance on what to do from here. It looks like I need more supporting documents along with filing two different appeals cases. I am so frustrated.

Then to top it off I got 4 bills from the hospital almost totaling $10,000. I know I don’t owe that, but it gets very frustrating working my butt off, Paul working his butt off and then get slapped in the face with these bills. I just feel like I am walking up a muddy mountain with slippery shoes on being chased by a killer bear.

I will be AGAIN, forwarding these bills to my point of contact at the insurance company as well as the hospital. I spoke with AGAIN collections today. This is robbing me of my sanity (what little I have to begin with). I mean, I have all the time in the world to sit around and take pictures of all the bills, send an email to this person and that person….

At least Jiminy was a cute helper. Thank goodness for pets.






Comments

  1. I cannot imagine the frustration! I would lose my mind..you are doing great Patti.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment