Skip to main content

10/17/23

 The alarm is set for 3:15 am. I have to catch an early flight off to Detroit for a leadership course I signed up to take. It is a year long course with the first and last meetings at home base in Detroit.

Light a candle for me. I am an introvert off to “mingle” and do “ice breakers” and “small talk”. Oye! I have done some practicing and hope that I won’t be as awkward as I feel. Social anxiety is sinking it’s claws deep within!

This actually was a work goal for me. I had a work goal to start this program at the beginning of the year. I didn’t want to commit during this summer and will be able to make time in my schedule for the meetings next summer.

I hear it is amazing so I have pretty high hopes that I will gain some valuable experience from it.  

I can see a positive change in my work load which is exciting. I have less of a work load I am juggling and a few moments to breathe. Being a recruiter is kinda fun. 

Ethan went to work on his friend’s truck today. It’s good for him to get out. 

I spoke with my Donation coordinator today. This was the guy that coordinated my care for the kidney transplant. I have to complete my second annual bloodwork and answer a bazillion questions.

My coordinator asked for feedback on filling out this form on my phone. My feed back was “it sucked”. The form was not configured for use on a phone. I did get my lab work appointment on the books. I have to run over and get my lab work done while Ethan is getting his heart biopsy next week. It is much easier for me to drive to NYC to get bloodwork than to schedule a time for a trip to Buffalo to have it done. 

Off to bed for my short slumber.

Comments

  1. safe travels and have a wonderful learning experience in Detroit!
    getting uncomfortable = growth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment