Skip to main content

10/15/21


 No rejection! Yes!!!!!!! I did sit down and look at every single blood test and read over all the reports. I replied to the wonderful email stating Ethan had no rejection, with questions regarding endocrinology, lab work, questions about the hole that was surgically created in the new heart back when Ethan was struggling with pulmonary hypertension. Plus several more.

It was nice to wake up and have coffee with Paul. A lot of times he is so busy compensating for things that I am not doing around the house because of dialysis, that we don’t see each other that often. We sleep in the same bed and snore at each other, but during the week we just have quick “debriefings”.

Today, I head into work. I am mentally exhausted from the last couple days. I slept well but still feel tired. Sometimes I spend so much time making sure things are less sucky for Ethan, I don’t really remember myself. I am kicking myself for actually going back to work today because there is so much to do at home. This morning I wished I had taken today off too. I am glad I didn’t because I felt accomplished and helpful when I left.

I also have to communicate with many people regarding Medicare, bills, appointments, social workers, financial coordinators. Then there are the things Avery requires, normal high school things, like purchasing a yearbook and signing her up for her AP and IB exams. I am so thankful I haven’t missed the deadline. If I did miss the deadline, I will find out and be mad at myself for creating extra work.

This afternoon was dialysis. Started around 3:30 and finished around 7:30. Ethan was grumpy and tired. We had to end the session early because Ethan’s blood pressure kept dropping. That is a sign of dehydration.





Comments

Post a Comment