Skip to main content

3/11/22

We have to go to NYC for a check up in a week and a half. It will be an expensive trip. Today I was thinking about what a pain in the ass these trips are. They require careful planning, time off of work for both of us and time away from family.

I started to get into the trap of being annoyed and then it hit me. The alternative is not going at all, because Ethan didn’t survive. I then felt silly.

After I removed my head from my butt (with much lubrication because it was pretty far up there) I then thought about how lucky I was to get to make this trip. I thought about Colie and how her parents would give anything in the world if this meant they got to spend time with her.

Perspective is a funny thing. 


Comments

  1. So complicated. Yep.... you are so right. Ethan survived. It's all about perspective. But... you are totally allowed to be grumpy, annoyed and irritated too at times. Traveling to NYC is exhausting and you've had more than your fair share of these trips back and forth. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment