Skip to main content

3/7/22

We got our power back on mid afternoon today. Finally.

Ethan’s classes were cancelled. He ended up just going to work for the entire day.  

I got an automated call from the pharmacy letting me know Ethan’s prescription was ready. I thought this was awesome because I thought I was going to have to chase people around to get it pre authorized.

After work, I showed up at the pharmacy, when I asked for Ethan’s medication they said it wasn’t ready. What? 

“I got a call saying it was ready.” I was thinking she made a mistake. Had I known it wasn’t taken care of, I could have worked on it today.

“No, it needs preauthorization.” She said.

“How am I going to know when it’s ready?” I asked

“We will call you”

Me: ……………..

Me: “but you called me today.”  Am I missing something?

Lady: “Once you get the call saying it is ready, you can call us to check.”

Me:……………… “ok”

Seems counter-productive. I know that girl can’t fix the broken system, but really?

So he is going without his medication today! I will work on it, whether the pharmacy calls or not.

Comments

  1. our healthcare system is nuts! good luck with getting that med asap - why is it so difficult to get the steps in order? 🤦

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got so much good material for a best selling book or play. I'm dead serious. Your writing above with the dialog between you and the confused employee is gold. Solid gold. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment