Skip to main content

4/9/2022

I completed 47 hours of work this week with another day to go tomorrow.  It will likely be only an hour or two.  Monday will be the start of the following work week. But when I got home today, I felt tired.  My limbs felt heavy. 

I started to travel down the mental path of  “This is crazy. You are missing out on so much. You are missing out on your kids lives.” It’s the age old “Mother’s guilt trip” that we like to take ourselves on. Today I took the scenic route on the guilt trip.

Once I realized that I was bullying myself 😳, I changed the narrative. I reminded myself that I have been waking up earlier so that I can have my morning coffee with Avery before I leave for work. We both enjoyed that, and sometimes a dog is included.

I also have seen a dramatic improvement with potty training with Jiminy. Good job little dude! 

We had a nice family meal with Nana and Papa yesterday. Wednesday we had a nice visit with Mema. Plus….on top of all those things…..I worked a 47 hour week. I am killing it this week. Wow! The tone changes quite a bit with the right presentation.

I took Avery to get a pedicure. We have to have nice toes for going to the pool. I chose pink for my color. It made me thing of spring and new flowers. Avery chose black glitter….to match her soul (ha ha).

We had a “make your own salad” dinner night. We then all watched a show together on tv. Tonight’s show….a documentary about a severely inbred family in West Virginia. It was completely fascinating.

Back to work in the morning. Avery is going to come and help too. I love it!!!!!


Comments

  1. your show is choice does sound fascinating! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you turned your perspective around! Another lesson for me..
    Have a great day today Patti~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment