Skip to main content

9/17/22

 The hotel I thought I booked has a lovely view of the river. Each room has a deck and we could watch the freighters go by. You get to smell all the good smells of nature and hear the waves wash up onto the land. Last time we stayed there it was so peaceful. The sunsets and sun rises were beautiful. 

This morning I woke up. I walked outside to check the weather. My eyes fell on our view, a sturdy and well constructed funeral home. Eww. I started to laugh and couldn’t wait to point it out to Paul when he woke up.

We walked around Alexandria Bay for a bit. We got our fitness in for sure. We stopped at a distillery. It was a cute little place that sold locally sourced everything. We sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine. We decided we should find someplace with food since we were drinking alcoholic beverages earlier in the day.

We finally found a place to eat with tables overlooking the river. We proceeded to stay there for the next 7 hours. Our friends from around that area joined us and the 6 of us just chatted away. FOR 7 HOURS. We had lunch and dinner there. It was so fun.

After the second meal, I didn’t feel so well (I didn’t have too much to drink I had 2 corona’s over the entire 7 hours). I tapped out and went to bed. The 6 of us made a tentative plan to get together more.


Comments