Skip to main content

9/29/22

An old dog like myself, learning new tricks is mentally exhausting. Today I made some progress on learning my rhythm and developing my pattern of how I want to organize my future days.

Ethan was home today. He spent the day welding a frame for an engine. I was glad he got some sunshine therapy. He wasn’t in the direct sunlight….but could still enjoy the cheerfulness of the “shine”.

Paul had many things he had to do after work. He was stressed and was still doing things. He has been a Gumby doll this week. I tried to help by putting things in perspective like….”if you don’t mow the lawn today, it will still be here when you get home on Sunday.” It seemed as if that wasn’t helpful at all and it was imperative that the lawn be mowed tonight.

We put so much pressure on ourselves. Why? I am so guilty of this. But in the grand scheme of things….would it really matter if the lawn didn’t get mowed? I am glad this is his biggest challenge right now and there isn’t anything bigger. That is amazing.

The dogs rotated on my lap today, except Phineas. He is too big.

All in all…..it was a nice Fall day



Comments

  1. isn't it great to be home with your pets? I loved working from home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment