Skip to main content

9/2/22

This week has been a whirlwind. On a whim, I submitted my resume for a work from home position. On Tuesday, I got an email having me schedule my 20 minute phone interview. I chose noon. 

I started talking to the lady and she was so nice. She was like someone I felt like I had known forever. After an hour and some change, we ended the call. Within 4 minutes, she called me back and asked if I could meet with her boss. I then started a whirlwind of interview after that interview. 5 hours later…..I was done. 

I was up against 2 other people. After about 20 minutes, I got a call with an offer. It was for more money and more vacation than what I currently have. Wow! I make my own schedule (40 hours a week). I accepted right away.

I was so excited to be offered this once in a lifetime opportunity. I can finally be a “stay at home dog mom” (that actually works). This has been my life goal. As I age, I have visions of hosting a special needs/senior living center for dogs.

I will miss my current coworkers. But I have to give this a try. I will shift from animal nurse, to animal nurse recruiter.  I will be with the same company. I keep my current benefits and it should be an easy-ish transition.

I am hoping that some of them stop by during their lunch hour.

Avery passed her drivers test and acquired her papa’s car. She was so excited. They dropped it off and had dinner with us. We had fun. It was so cute.

We drove to the Thousand Islands today. Penny found that riding with Phineas, in the same seat, was in fact quite comfortable for her.






Comments

  1. lots of bright spots in this update! ❤️
    congrats to Avery
    congrats to YOU! You will love this new role ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats snd very Bright Spot for you! Psm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment