Skip to main content

9/20/22


Today was my last day at work. They threw me a super nice lunch and some even showed up on their day off. Their coveted day off. These people work their ass off when they are at work, and to come in on their day off is a big deal. 

I will miss my coworkers. They accepted me, tolerated my immature jokes and are supporting my decision (well most of them) to take on this new adventure. 

I am now focusing on our trip to Salem Massachusetts. I am going with a good friend and her daughter. Ethan and Avery are coming as well. We are staying at the most haunted room in the most haunted hotel in Salem. We had to book this a year in advance. We have a couple things we are going to do and see including a walking ghost tour that tell’s the ghost stories from first hand accounts as well as educates on certain historical facts.

As I was learning about the area, I found a cool restaurant to try that is supposedly haunted. I love paranormal stuff so much. I find it so interesting.

As the day comes to an end, I can feel proud of myself and the job I did. I am proud that I was somehow able to pull off a new job and a heart transplant. I was able to work and learn and later perform dialysis for months on end. I was able to make it through a corporate merger days before leaving for a kidney transplant/donation. I am proud of myself for not screaming on days I wanted to scream and keeping my thoughts to myself on days I wanted to scream them from the roof too. That last one was the hardest.

I am thankful for the friendships I have gained. 

I read a saying today that stuck with me. “I hope you have the day you deserve”. 

Comments

  1. Congratulations Patti for a job well done even in extreme circumstances
    Enjoy your new adventure !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! A new chapter begins!!! I'm so proud of everything you have accomplished and continue to accomplish. You inspire me, my friend. Have the BEST time in Salem. You deserve so many of these amazing adventures. The future is looking so much brighter for you and your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy day! On to a new adventure~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment