Skip to main content

6/13/23

 Phineas ate today. He had little bits throughout the day. He stayed well hydrated with some fluids. He even drank a little bit of fluids.  He is tired. He is boney. He did do a few things that seemed routine for him. Checking out Penny’s cage to make sure she didn’t get something he should have. He hung out with Ethan in the garage (he fell asleep). 

He is trying so hard to be better. He hates disappointing us in any capacity. He is a working dog and still has kids to watch, even when he is really sick. My heart is sad.

The majority of the day was spent making sure his needs were met, spoiling him and making sure he got meaningful calories. He ate about 12 oz today which is a big, big deal. I worry it is because the appetite stimulant is working and not because he is getting better. 

He is normally a fabulous eater. With all the antiemetics he has, he shouldn’t be nauseous and he still is. I am giving it another day to see how things go. 

Avery attended the School Board meeting tonight which was celebrating Avery and 31 of her classmates. Avery is graduating with Valedictorian honors. To qualify for this honor, she needed a collective GPA of all four of her high school years of 97 or above. Avery's GPA is 98.8. Mic drop!

I don’t think I am biased, but Avery was adorable tonight! She worked so hard for this honor! We are so proud of her. 


Comments

  1. When my dog was sick recently, I found out she likes sweet potatoes and pumpkin. She refused to eat rice. She also loves plain tofu. Once her poop firmed up, I finally got her back to eating some kibble if I mix in a little canned cat food.

    Congratulations Avery!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment