Skip to main content

6/17/23

 This is the first weekend we have been home in a while. I had a lot of work to do in the yard. I spent about 6 hours in the gardens. I walked a ton and my feet hurt.

I did a ton of digging and replanting as we prepare for our big patio project coming soon. We are re-doing our side walk and adding a patio to the front of the house. Everything will be dug up an covered with concrete. I will put in new, manageable gardens. I have been relocating bulbs and various other plants for the past few weeks.

Today I am sore. I did a lot but tried to avoid heavy lifting  so I didn’t disrupt my back surgery site. It’s not a bad sore, it’s more of a “ I haven’t used those muscles in a while” sore. 

It was weird not having Phineas outside with us today. I kept looking for him. He loved days like today. He could have done a good food scavenger hunt, watched the neighborhood kids playing (keeping them safe) and snoozing in the sunshine. I do miss his pretty amber eyes.

Avery went to her friends house. Ethan did some things with his friends as well. I liked that they both were out having fun. Paul tinkered in the barn and did some yard work, which sounds boring, but the satisfaction of things looking nice is so worth it.

Here’s a picture of all the plants I still have to move or sacrifice. Anyone that may want any plants, please stop by and take some. 



Comments

  1. Phones was out there.. you just can't see him..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and your home is lovely! Wish I had the green thumb>>

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment