Skip to main content

6/29/23

 I am feeling the smoke inhalation in my lungs. My throat has been sore. Eww! I am looking forward to some better air quality. Luckily we are going to a place where the numbers are like 500% better.

I noticed Theo was grooming himself a lot today. A closer inspection revealed some moist dermatitis or damp skin. It was right under his chin on his neck.  He has been a little out of sorts the last day or two. He attacked Jiminy for no reason. This is very out of character for him. This is a rabbit that is normally even tempered and quite tolerant of most things.

Avery held him while I had to tip his head back and shave his neck. Rabbits have such delicate skin, I was worried I might accidentally cut him while clipping his fur. Rabbit fur is the WORST to shave! It took us about a half hour of clipping and soaking his skin. We put some special ointment on that will hopefully give him some relief. I was really proud of him for being such a good little bunny while we worked on him. He is a pretty cool little guy. He happily chomped on his treat afterward. I am sure Theo is excited to go camping too.

We are on track for leaving tomorrow. I am excited. 


Comments

  1. safe and easy travels! enjoy relaxing and time with family ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment