Skip to main content

6/11

Home dialysis treatment number 2 has come and gone. Nailed it. I don’t mean to toot my own horn (who am I kidding….yes I do) but Toot Toot!

This weekend if full of work and packing. Another trip to the lab that will cost the insurance company money because they haven’t approved his medication yet.  They are making their own hole on this one. Thank goodness for the lidocaine cream. At least it isn’t hurting Ethan as much with it.

We leave early on Monday for NYC. Paul and Avery are staying home. Ethan and I have the evaluation and they are still only letting one parent in.

We will be meeting with all sorts of different departments. Psychology, infectious diseases, finance department, kidney transplant team, Ethan is having an MRI, I have an EKG, CT scan, chest x-rays and more bloodwork. Ethan is also getting his heart biopsy. It will be a busy few days.

Ethan’s mouth is feeling much better. He is eating up a storm. It is still sore but not nearly to the degree it was. I am hoping that these treatments and mouthwashes and lozenges continue to improve his mouth. Hopefully he can finally gain some solid weight!

Ethan feels better I can tell. Yeah! That is my bright spot.




Comments

  1. Woo hoo!!! Ethan feels better. That is the best news ever. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment