Skip to main content

6/17/21

We woke up this morning excited to meet up with one of our 9Tower friends for breakfast. We both were excited. We blindly chose this place just over the GW bridge that actually turned out to be a cute little place.

We went to order and I pulled the biggest dumbass move. My wallet was in my backpack in my car in NJ. There is nothing like a “hey can you meet us for breakfast? Oh and pay for us too?” Mortifying! We will meet up again and make it right. 

After we were mooches and ordered our food, we sat down. 

“Oh my god, that’s what your face looks like.” Covid is so weird. I still don’t know what a lot of people’s faces look like from there.

What a great morning. I probably could have chatted all day. But we had to say goodbye to our friend as Ethan’s boney butt was hurting him….AND we had a 6 hour trip ahead of us. 

I programmed GPS but it wasn’t working with Bluetooth and just wasn’t talking. I was trying to talk Ethan through troubleshooting it and in the process made a wrong turn. We were able to get turned around quickly and back on the road. The rest of the way was smooth sailing. Beautiful rolling hills. A pretty drive. Ethan slept for almost half of the drive.



Paul wasn’t home when we arrived home. I got to spend time with Avery. I went in our back yard and was watching our pond. We have about 20-30 frogs. I like watching them. I like hearing them. I like watching Penny bumping them with her nose so the jump. Every time it surprises her and is funny.

I then saw one eat a worm. Hmmmm. If it eats worms maybe it will eat caterpillars.  I then found one of the stupid gypsy caterpillars that are destroying the leaves on our trees. I collected a stick and grabbed a caterpillar and presented it to a big frog. He wasn’t scared of me. He freakin scarfed it right up. What a fun moment. I got a few more for him until he began to get a beer gut. Then his friend swooped in and grabbed a caterpillar. 

Our day was full of bright spots. Seeing a friend, safe drive home and now, feeding caterpillars to frogs. Wow!



Comments

  1. So glad you guys are home
    Safe, sound , peaceful
    and with those who love you
    Both !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! Can't wait to see you both this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment