Skip to main content

1/1/22

 It’s 2022 and everybody has big expectations for this year. Everybody is hoping that is a happy, healthy and easier year than the previous two, especially us. 2021 wasn’t terrible, we ended with a healthy kidney and no dialysis. We have had quite the ride, but I think of those that have it less fortunate than ourselves.

Ethan and I had a restful day. I get well enough to walk to Walgreens. It’s not quite a mile walk. I picked up a few things. It was drizzly out but warmer than expected for this time of year. 

I watched tv as Ethan worked on homework. We ordered dinner. I ordered a Greek salad and have become fond of the little grape leave wrapped nugget of deliciousness. When the food arrived, it had what looked like leaches on it. Ew! It was brown and rugged looking. I had a terrible face on as I was assessing what they did to my salad.

To my horror, I realized it was some sort of fish. Sardines? It looked dirty, smelled like what one would imagine a diseased whore house would smell like. Gagging, I picked them off of my poor salad. (I am not being dramatic either.) Is this a thing? People eat fish on their salad? Stop ruining things with fish. Calamari….why do they have to look like onion rings? Tacos….come on….a fish taco sounds like a derogatory term for the female anatomy.

Everyone picks on me for not liking fish. I don’t like the taste, smell or texture of it. I don’t care how it is prepared, how mild it is……To me it is basically the same as if someone pooped in my salad. Very offensive and unappreciated.

I pulled the lettuce and beautiful vegetables the nasty intruder was sitting on and threw them away. I didn’t eat it. I have to think about it, perhaps overnight. I put the fish in the trash and took the garbage out so I am not assaulted the next time I go to discard something in the trash.

I was not encouraged about 2022, with a traumatic start such as that. But what is the bright side? Starting the new year with Ethan’s kidney function “NORMAL” trumps the small fish incident. So there is hope. Come on 2022……everyone is counting on you to be better. No pressure.

Happy New Year everyone!




Comments

  1. Do you think your "fish problem" could have started when you kissed that fish at the age of 2? Ha Ha Ha This will be a better year. Let's go 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I looked back on your journal from 2020 at this point. What a journey you've navigated with grace and "the bright side" You have made me look at situations this way. I know these last days have to be grindingly slow. Ethan basically has his life back but still has to take it easy until he is set free. Forgive the reference but you will understand I think.. cage rest for the healing leg on a puppy. Thank you for all you taught me this year and I think you need to give your friends classes on how to deal with insurance claims! Rock on~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2022! Did you know that the comedian Jim Gaffigan hates fish as much as you do? You'll have to watch his stand up special where he talks about fish and how disgusting it is. You will love it. I hope your next salad is void of any fish. You definitely need a redo. Cheers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Hugs, Prayers and Strength

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment