Skip to main content

1/7/22



I woke up this morning and there was a couple inches of snow on the ground. It was really pretty. But a couple inches in NYC is a little crippling. We made it to the hospital on time and Ethan got his lab work done.

While in waiting for his lab work to be drawn, 11 floors up, our coordinator was calling me because our doctor was not going to make it in for Ethan’s appointment. We rescheduled for the middle of the day as a video visit. No big deal.

We did our video visit and there were some white blood cells in Ethan’s urine. This was concerning to the doctor because of all the involved appointments next week. The stent removal, the biopsy. These are things that they would not want Ethan to have a urinary tract infection for.

So they asked us to come back to the lab before it closed to get a urine culture to make sure he doesn’t have an infection.  Ethan wasn’t feeling like being compliant. I was asking him to drink so he would make urine. He said he was, but I don’t think he was giving it his best effort. I finally said, “can you drink so we can get this over with and they don’t postpone your appointments next week?” I was not as friendly as I could have been. I was frustrated.

We didn’t really speak to one another on the ride there, while we were there or the ride home. Not talking is fine by me because at least there is no arguing when there is no talking. 

We are both done with this arrangement. We are done being secluded. We are done being away from all of the familiarity. We both want to come home.

As the evening went on I started to feel lethargic and nauseous again. So I am going to bed early and doing what my body wants, rest.


Comments

  1. Oh, I hope you are having a better day today than yesterday. Big hugs my friend.... xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment