Skip to main content

❤️ 1/29/22

Today I rested my back. It is a bit sore. Snowmobiling probably wasn’t the best idea the other day BUT my incision didn’t hurt at all so that is good. 

Ethan and I went to the lab for his follow up bloodwork. His creatinine came down a little bit as well as his potassium. Both are still high but going in the right direction.

I created an email chain looping everyone in (hematology, nephrology etc) to develop the plan for next week. This is so convenient and I get answers right away which I LOVE.

The biopsy is a go. They will anesthetize Ethan, make a small incision and take a teeny tiny piece of his kidney. They will stick him back up, make him sit there for 4 hours so they can draw his blood to get a hemoglobin level to make sure everything seems stable for him to travel home. We will then load him up and drive back home so that he can be in his own bed the next morning, his 19 th birthday.

This year I told Ethan we weren’t going to celebrate his birthday in the hospital. This year will make one in a row, out of ICU. Ha!

I picked Avery up from a sleep over she had gone to and we rested together on the couch. She had her covid booster yesterday and was just feeling a bit tired. We made good couch buddies. 

Ethan helped bring wood in for the fire all day long. Paul left on a snowmobile trip so Ethan made sure I rested my back. Avery helped too.



Comments

Post a Comment