Skip to main content

5/10/22

Today I had one of those days where I wanted to quit my current life situation and start a new one altogether. A series of events happened where I was left frustrated, mad and cranky.  At one point I was thinking about how ridiculous it would be to walk in the doctor’s office and ask for medication to make me “hate people” less. Is there such a thing?

Ethan’s endocrinology team evaluated his most current labs and decided that his hypothyroidism is controlled. There will be no change to his medication. We still will move forward with that the MRI of his head in August and that appointment doesn’t need to be sooner.

Avery had to go to the lab to have her vitamin D level checked. She was running low and has been on supplements. I suspect all is well. She did well with the blood draw like the tough kid she is. 

My bright spot was that I was able to walk all 4 dogs in the field. It is finally dry enough. We stumbled upon a baby deer. It was startled and cried for mom. Truthfully I was startled as well. 
Mama deer came out of the hedge row postured in a “I’m about to bust someone’s ass” kind of way I know I have mimicked when I thought my kids were in danger. I respect that. Don’t worry Mama, I won’t touch or harm your baby. I am going to leave an apologetic peace offering tomorrow in our back yard of fruit for them.


I decided to just throw the towel in and go to bed. I am hoping a good night’s sleep will aid in me feeling less out of sorts.

Comments

  1. maybe a little (now legal!) marijuana would help you "hate people" less 😉
    all kidding aside, I'm sorry you had a day like that. totally sucks.
    I hope you have more fawn sightings and good days with the kids, dogs, and Paul.
    Oh- and some fun camping times very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you were able to snap a pic of the baby deer. How sweet! I'm hoping today is a much better day for you. I hate bad days.... we all have them at times. Cheers to a good one today. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment