Skip to main content

12/13/22

As the days go on working from home, I am surprised that I am not sick of being home. It’s almost as if it is even harder to leave the house than ever. I am such a home body. I have my dogs, coffee and fire place.

Theo the bunny got some outdoor time today. He was chomping on left over flowers. I took the dogs for 2 loops around the field. It was sunny and wonderful. We all benefitted from sunshine therapy.

We have had some unexpected changes at work which has caused my number of active hospitals to go from 10 to 27.  I am struggling to keep up but am still making time to get in my “motion is lotion” time. Today I really enjoyed the work. It seems weird but when it came quitting time, I didn’t want to quit. 

Paul got to choose a Christmas gift from his company. He chose a speaker/karaoke machine. I am sure it is because he enjoys my singing voice. He then shared he thought it would be fun to get out at the campfire up at the islands. He is so funny.

I went to say goodnight to Ethan and he looked at me, smiled and asked what time he died on December 17 th 2020. Such an odd question. I told him it was around 6:00-6:30 am because they came in to take his X-ray and he had to be all dramatic and stop his heartbeat for 5 minutes. He got out of it that day. He had a smile on his face. It is the first time I have seen that smile in a long time.

I was supposed to do my reading for therapy tonight but I didn’t. I wish I liked reading more. 

My bright side today was the fireplace putting out heat and keeping the house warm and cozy.

Comments

  1. thank you for the awesome Christmas gift, Paul! I will happily try it out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Hearing about Ethan smiling (after processing that pivotal, darkest, scariest moment in his life) is incredible. What deep thoughts this brings..... wow, wow, wow. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resilience and reflection. That is my Jack Handy deep thought for today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment