Skip to main content

12/26/22

 

I was able to come home today! Yeah! I have to follow up with the spine center tomorrow to get a consult appointment. It is an expected 2-4 week wait for an appointment which makes me angry. I voiced how I felt this is inhumane.

I will be calling every day to see if they can get me in sooner. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, right?

They aren’t even sure what procedure they would be doing. It is based on how my improvement continues.

Paul came and loaded me in the trunk so I could lay down for the ride home. Glad to get out of that craziness. With all the medications I am on, I do slip into La La Land now and again. My mind is completely blank. It is such a weird feeling. 

We got me home and I settled into the couch. I did some work and then we decided to do our family Christmas. Ethan has expressed anxiety about opening presents in front of people in the previous days before I went to the hospital because he doesn’t react to the present, he just opens his and makes no noise or facial expression. After talking to the therapist, she explained at this point Ethan is trying to take control of whatever aspect he can so I think this falls into that category. However, he has never really been a big reactor to begin with.

We called Ethan out of  his room to come down to open presents.  He has his guard up. He came down and didn’t really react, but sat with us. We go around and open one gift at a time. He passed on his turn. He watched us open our gifts and played with the dogs. We had some fun banter going on. But he didn’t open one gift. He left his gifts and went up to his room. I told Paul just to put them back under the tree. I know we are going to navigate these little idiosyncrasies, but the therapist made a point to let him make his own choices and don’t “parent”  him unless it is life threatening.

What I did enjoy, was him interacting with the dogs. Phineas LOVES opening presents. Phineas kept trying to steal Ethan’s presents and opening them because they were sitting on the floor and that is dog territory.


We don’t get to see that great big smile on Ethan’s face very often.  

It was a nice family moment in the rest of the chaos from the weekend. My drugs make me tired so I am going to bed early to just sleep.


I loved seeing smiling faces. We all got things we wanted. 



Comments

  1. Welcome home! And Ethan's huge smile/laughing is a wonderful gift ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment