Skip to main content

12/16/2022

I arrived for my 9:30 COVID/flu vaccine appointment early. Of course I did. I am always early. They took my insurance card and paperwork. They greeted me right away and were friendly.  I stood at the window for about 10 minutes as they took my info and entered everything in. My sciatica was not cooperative and I was dying a little on the inside. 

They finally had me take a seat. Phew. 

Then some lady comes stomping in. Literally stomping like a Clydesdale horse with horse shoes on, in a parade.

She does not wait for the lady to finish what she is doing and blurts out “my mom just came in to pick up three medications for me. She only came home with two and YOU forgot the third one.”

Wow! She was quite presumptuous and a bit rude and accusatory.

I couldn’t help but stare at this train wreck. The lady tries to explain that yes, they sent home two medications because the third one is a controlled substance. Typically they ask for a few days notice with those because they have to report them to the state when filling.

It has now become apparent that this woman called earlier to have her medications filled, had her mom pick them up and then drove back to the pharmacy to complain how much they suck.

The angry customer said “what time can I pick them up?” 10:30, replied the cashier. “I will be back promptly at 10:30. I am trying to get out of state. I have never heard this rule before.”

Let’s break this down. The customer was mad because she had poor planning and waited until that morning to have her medications filled for her trip. Had she planned ahead, she would not have been in this predicament. Why must people be so nasty? Shame on her.

After all that, my insurance information was still not able to be process in the pharmacy software and we ultimately decided I would go back for the flu shot. No big deal. Is it inconvenient? Absolutely. But no one’s fault.

I apologized to the staff on behalf of that lady. Businesses are literally putting up signs that say, “be kind to our staff”. That is pathetic that people can’t behave themselves.

The rest of the day went well. My arm is a little sore but not bad. I am rest a little easier knowing it will help keep Ethan safe.

Other than that, I was a machine at work again today. Woo hoo! Looking forward to the weekend.

Please be kind to all the workers out there trying to help you.

Comments

Post a Comment