Skip to main content

1/18/24

Jiminy slept in the bed with me. His little toes were not going to get cold on my watch last night. I missed him and all the dogs. Penny was super pumped we were home. She just about turned herself inside out.

Paul and I had a coffee date this morning to catch up on the previous 5 days. We chatted for a bit and then he had to go to work. “See in in 3 days” I said to him.

Avery got up and moving and decided she wanted to get on the road. We drove for a little over 5 hours and got to our final destination.

We decided to go on a walk into town. On our way we passed a Chinese restaurant the Wing Dong. Or was it Dong Fong? Or Long Duck Dong? Something with Dong….and we were giggling about it. 

The town is cute. The buildings are light up at night with spotlights creating a dramatic look. The buildings are older but kept is beautiful shape. The church bells were ringing. The fire whistle went off (4 whistles in a row). I know that is significant but can’t recall why. It was endearing that they still use this system in a small town.

The walk back to the apartment was up hill. Wow!!! My legs were burning. Tomorrow should be fun! 


Comments

Post a Comment