Skip to main content

1/22/24

 Back to normal life. I was able to get a lot accomplished before work. I washed our bedding and towels. I took care of folding and putting laundry away. I was able to organize some of my work things. It was nice.

Ethan worked today for most of the day. He then came home and took Jiminy up to his room for the afternoon. They are so cute and have bonded. I was hoping this would happen. Animals offer such a wonderful support system. We can and should be learning from them.

You never have to guess how they are feeling. They growl when they are mad. They don’t hold a grudge. They offer silent support when we don’t know we need it. They sniff butts…which, let’s face it, sometimes is funny. Ultimately, they offer unconditional love. 

Paul got home early. He got out the snowmobiles because Ethan wanted to ride around the field for a bit. This is exciting because this is pre-transplant Ethan activity. We are seeing more and more of our original kid. Each small step is a quiet win for us. I know these moments are precious to Paul. He has been hoping this would happen for so long. Paul and Ethan rode the sleds around the field for about 30 - 45 minutes. While they were out riding, Avery cooked a yummy dinner. 

I got my assignment today to go to a conference in Columbus, Ohio in a few weeks. That should be fun. I also received some good feedback regarding my performance in Florida, which was encouraging. I did some celebratory karate kicks in the air when no one was looking. 

I slept so good last night. I hope that I sleep half as good tonight as I did last night.

Comments