Skip to main content

11/21/22

2 years ago right about now, a family lost their daughter, Nicole. They called her Colie. Colie’s organs no doubt saved multiple lives, one being Ethan’s. It has been a long journey.

Colie was an RN and her family describes her as loving animals. Avery’s talented friend, Rachel, drew this picture for us. We love it.

We were visited on November 21st. Not quite 48 hours after signing the paperwork to be officially listed as status 1 A. Ethan had a series of set backs that night which prolonged his surgery and they finished up on 11/22/20.

I haven’t heard from the donor family since this spring. I will likely reach out again, soon. Some days I don’t want to reach out. Ethan has proven himself as difficult that day and I wouldn’t want to share that with the donor family. I am grateful everyday for Ethan….even when he is the biggest pain in the ass.

We have been through a lot and we keep blazing this odd trail we are on. 

Avery had a big day today. She joined the “I am aging” club. She officially has orthotics. One of her legs in longer than the other, causing her some pain. Now, I am hoping she gets relief. 

Paul had his routine echo. We won’t have results for a while. He has one done every couple of years. 

I can’t believe it has been 2 years Ethan has had his new heart. It has felt like a century. 



Comments

  1. Love the artwork and Ethan needs to get his head right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful job Rachel did! The sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment