Skip to main content

1/20/23

I woke up this morning expecting some significant pain. When I sat up, I was delighted that the crushing leg pain was not there. While I did have a little difficulty going from a laying to sitting position as well as a sitting to standing position, I could sit and stand far more comfortably than I could Yesterday morning.

I do have soreness at the site of the incision which is to be expected. I have this strap on I use. No! Not that kind of strap on. (Dirty mind) this is a pouch that Velcro’s around my waist that you can slip ice packs in.

My medication makes me a slight bit loopy. That’s ok. It does help me stay comfortable.

I spent the morning visiting with my mom and catching up on work emails. However, I didn’t actually “work”.

Paul left this evening to help one of his friends. The fire place needed more logs on it. I asked Avery to help. She immediately loaded up the fire place and the fire started to burn hot. 

Avery and I walked away. Avery was closer in the kitchen closer to the den which houses the fireplace. “What’s that smell?” She asked. “What smell?” I asked as I walked toward her. It smelled like something burning. Was it electrical? It smelled like the den was on fire.

I walked in the den to check the fire place and make sure an ember didn’t fall out and started smoldering or something.

“It smells like burning hair.” I said. “I think one of the dogs got too close to the fire place.”  I started to check the dogs. I found a spot on phineas’s tail and outer thigh that was singed. The fur was a lighter reddish lighter color than his black fur. It smelled so bad. Phineas does enjoy laying by the fire, as close as he can get. He never cried or indicated his butt was on fire.

Avery helped out a lot after Paul left. Thank goodness because Paul wasn’t answering his texts. She had to help me get up off the couch, I am hoping she doesn’t feel that tomorrow. She kept the fire going. She helped me swap out my ice packs a few times. I was very thankful she was here and helping me. She is such a good kid. She is my bright spot.




Comments