Skip to main content

3/14/23

Apparently I have the most epic detective skills in the house. Avery couldn’t find her hair clip this morning. A clip, I never wear or pay attention to. 

“Mom…..I can’t find my hair clip.” She complained. 

“What does it look like?” I asked.

“It’s brown and about this big” she said holding her thumb and forefinger up as a measurement for me to gauge.

I didn’t know where the clip was. I started asking her “did you look here….did you look there…” I was met with the same answer for each “nope, not there”.

I then started to think like her. This has to be a super power. It is an evolutionary skill that mom’s and wives develop over time. Not to be sexist (but this isn’t going to sound good) I think this is a woman skill.

I thought about how Avery sits on the couch in a particular spot. It would make sense that she took the clip out of her hair while sitting in that spot. I went and looked and there was the clip, smiling back at me. Avery was grateful but I chuckled to myself. Finding things is quite a gift to have. Too bad we don’t get an instant cash reward for being the finder of things in the house. That would be cool.

I have decided to update my resume to include “finder of all things”.


Comments

  1. Amazing! Finder of all things.... I play this role in my house too. "Did you look for it? No? Try to look for it first." Then, I wait and chuckle because I will ultimately find it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment