Skip to main content

3/30/23

 I had to set some boundaries today with work. I have had trouble doing this in the past, but it came easily today. I have been practicing doing this when needed to preserve my bandwidth. I am not required to set myself on fire to keep others warm. I won’t do it. Boundary setting felt good. 

Avery got the pants for Senior Ball outfit. Her whole ensemble tops last year which I didn’t think was possible. I can’t wait to see her pull it all together in May.

Tonight I cracked myself up hard. I was laughing and crying at the same time. I am good at cracking myself up…usually I am the only one laughing though. I can’t share what it was out of embarrassment for my lack of awareness. 

Paul was not proud for me to be his wife in that moment. The tone of disgust in his voice as he half ridiculed me and half shamed me was spilling out of each and every pore he has. Avery shrieked “MOM!”. My reenactment of my statement (with somewhat of an interpretive dance) didn’t win my family over either.

As tears flew down my face, I couldn’t breath and my stomach hurt from my muscles being so clenched. Laughing feels so good. Extra hard laughing is even better. Having the rest of the family join in at your expense…..hilarious! It was my bright spot today. Even if it was a result of me being uneducated. If you can’t laugh at yourself….who can you laugh at?

Comments

  1. okay, now you will have to share with me! I love good belly laughs and I'm often not self aware lol
    good for you, too, for sticking to your boundaries. It keeps you sane! So does belly laughs/crying

    ReplyDelete
  2. And- I can't wait to see Avery's ball outfit, either. The prom one was amazing; especially the shoes! (And the lady in them!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment