Skip to main content

3/4/23

 I woke up this morning and tried to assess the roads to see if Avery and I could make the 45 minute drive to volunteer, safely. It looked like it may be a little iffy, but we decided to try anyway. By the time we got ready to go, the plows had been through and cleaned things up.

I am not sure we give the men and women that plow enough praise. They have to get up in the middle of the night. I thought they did a wonderful job. I was very thankful.

We arrived at Pet Pride of NY, a no kill cat santuary. It is a beautiful facility that cats really get pampered in. They have outdoor catio’s they can choose to go out and sit in, cat tv, and an endless supply of cat toys. 

We spent about 7 hours helping out, to their spay and neuter program for cats. Avery was on recovery duty to make sure everyone woke up from anesthesia. She got to see some cool things and everyone was really nice and helpful.


When we arrived home, Ethan had plowed the driveway for us and it was much appreciated. He also polished off the piece of peanut butter pie that I had brought him from the restaurant I went to yesterday. He said I could bring him more the next time I go. Ha ha. Who doesn’t love a hearty and delicious dessert?


Comments

Post a Comment